Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This manuscript (or important parts of it) have not already been published and if accepted for publication in Acta Bioethica it will not be submitted for publication elsewhere without the agreement of the PAHO/WHO Program on Bioethics.
- The paper does not exceed 6.000 words in length, including tables and illustrations
- An abstract not exceeding 200 words in length is provided.
- Bibliographical references are cited in accordance with the "Uniform Requirements" style (Vancouver Style).
- The paper was prepared according to "Instructions to Authors".
- Phone numbers, together with the corresponding author's E-mail are provided.
Acta Bioethica is edited by the Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethical Studies of the University of Chile and published under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0 International license.Intellectual property::The submission and evaluation of the manuscripts received implies that the author (s) declare that they are original and exclusive owners of the author's economic and moral rights over the article, in accordance with the provisions of Law 17.336 on Intellectual Property (Chile) In case of having used outside works in the creation of the article, in whole or in part, they declare that they have the respective authorizations or licenses of use of their respective owners or that their use is expressly protected by law.The author expressly releases from any subsequent responsibility to the Interdisciplinary Center of Studies in Bioethics of the University of Chile, for any legal, regulatory or contractual infraction that eventually commits or has committed in relation to the work, being obliged to repair any damage that results from the Infringement of these or other rights.The author authorizes the Interdisciplinary Center of Studies in Bioethics of the University of Chile, in order that, by itself or through third parties expressly authorized by it, exercise the rights that are specified below, with respect to the article sent:Publication, edition, reproduction, adaptation, distribution and sale of reproduced copies, including making available to the public online by electronic or digital means, of the article, in Castilian language, in any known territory, And for all types of printed edition in paper and electronic or digital, by its inclusion in the journal Acta Bioethica or another publication that publishes the Center.This authorization is conferred on a non-exclusive, free, indefinite, perpetual and non-revocable basis, as long as the corresponding rights subsist and release the Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethical Studies of the University of Chile from any payment or remuneration for the exercise of Rights.The authors retain their copyright on their works, being able to reuse them as they decide.